Canadian apple pickers can expect an annual salary of CAD 22,289. Don’t pass up this opportunity if you need a visa sponsored by a Canadian employer, as fruit picking jobs in Canada are in high demand among young people with an open mind.
Salary Currency: CAD
Posting Expiry Date: 2025-11-30
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Thwaites Farms Ltd.
Organization URL: http://www.thwaitesfarms.ca/
Location: First Edmonton Place, 10665 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, AB T5J 3S9, Canada
Job Description (Apple Picker)
As an Apple Picker, your duties will include: planting, tending, and irrigating crops; operating and maintaining farming equipment; gathering crops; inspecting goods for quality before sale; and preparing goods for market.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Type of Crops
Apples, Orchard fruit; Cherries
Work Site Environment
Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Dusty; Hot
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Positions Available for an Apple Picker:
- Fruit tree pruner — (30 vacancies)
- Fruit pickers — (37 vacancies)
- Fruit packers — (23 vacancies)
- Fruit farm laborers — (189 vacancies)
- Fruit harvesters — (42 vacancies)
Job Obligations as an Apple Picker
- Sort fruits, such as berries according to size, color, and grade before packing
- Weigh and pack fruits in a specified quantity
- Clean the belt at regular intervals
- Transfer berries to the freezer for storage
- Clean and maintain all packing pallets
- Inspect and take out defective packages
- Remove debris and fallen fruits from the packaging area
- Checking fruit for quality
- Crate the packed fruits
- Load, unload, and transfer crates.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools
- Transport packages to processing unit location.
- Heavy lifting required.
- The ability to work long hours, early mornings, and weekends are required.
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions.
- Harvest crops; Assist in pruning trees, shrubs, and plants
Benefits (As an Apple Picker)
If necessary, we can also cover the cost of your first three months of health insurance and provide you with up to CAD 30.00 per week in housing. Each and every perk is in accordance with the Employment Standards Act.
Who can Apply as an Apple Picker?
The application process is open to everyone, including those living in countries other than Canada. To be clear, though, the company will only get in touch with applicants they believe are a good fit for the position.
No degree, certificate or diploma required
No experience required. Will train
Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops; Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment; Harvest crops; Examine produce for quality and prepare for market