|Hiring Organization||Bayshore Home Health|
|Post Name||Personal Caregiver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 3000 To CAD 3900 Per Month|
|Location||185 The West Mall, Suite 115, Toronto, ON, Canada M9C 1B8.|
Flexible, casual home and community care job. A personal Support Worker (PSW) or Health Care Aide (HCA) Certificate is welcome.
Available locations: Scarborough, Toronto, North York, Etobicoke
Bayshore is on the lookout for a dependable Personal Caregiver to join our expanding team. Come be a part of our fantastic team and carry on the 50+ year legacy of providing excellent medical service to your neighborhood. We give you the option to do work that matters to you at times and in places that are convenient for you.
Every day at Bayshore, you get to make memories that will last a lifetime for your clients. A career in healthcare at Bayshore is ideal if “being the difference” through superior service is your life’s mission.
Bayshore strives to take good care of you – while you take care of others:
- Feel rewarded for doing what you love – Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
- Chart your path – Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer work flexibility designed to empower you. As a Caregiver with Bayshore, choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
- Shape the well-being of your clients & communities – Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
- Realize your full potential – We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
The Work You Will Do as a PSW
- As a Personal Caregiver, you provide high-quality and compassionate care to your clients in the community
- Provide standard care services and assistance with basic and instrumental activities of daily living (ADL/IADLs), as well as specialized, client-specific support when required. Examples include providing personal companionship, meal prep, housekeeping, personal care, medication reminders, respite care, dementia care, hospital discharge, and palliative care to clients on a one-to-one basis in their homes or community setting
- Ensure on an ongoing basis that the emotional, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
Who You Are
- You have a desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
- You are dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and knowledge of practices for community care
- You have a reliable mode of transportation
- Do you have a clear Vulnerable Sector Check or willing to get
- You have completed a formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- You have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada**
When you work or visit Bayshore, you can count on a high-quality and secure setting, because that is our commitment to you and to our clients/patients. All prospective employees at Bayshore are required to show proof that they’ve been fully immunized against COVID-19 using either a single vaccine or a combination of vaccines recognized by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series).
AND have had their last COVID-19 vaccination dose at least 14 days before their first day on the job. Any requests for human rights code or medical exemptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Accessibility standards and provincial human rights legislation have been met in the development of Bayshore.