Participating in daily physical activity will have a positive impact on your overall health and well-being. You don’t have to be a member of a fancy gym or buy expensive equipment to keep your home active.
start by walking
Walking is one of the most convenient, cost effective and beneficial exercises you can do. Try to incorporate “walking” into everything you do inside and outside your home.
Use these strategies to increase your “walking” throughout the day.
(1) Walk for 15-30 minutes daily to enjoy outdoor activities;
(2) Take a walk around your house or office;
(3) Use stairs instead of elevators in buildings;
(4) Park the car a little further from the destination and walk the rest;
(5) Try to walk instead of driving while running errands;
(6) go to the mall for fun only; a
(7) Form a “walking” group with friends and enjoy
Make “walking” a priority in your daily life. Start slowly and gradually increase your activity level as you get fitter.
Walking has been shown to:
- relieving pressure;
- improve your emotional health;
- promoting better sleep;
- support the health of your joints;
- promote circulation;
- Reducing the risk of obesity, Alzheimer’s, stroke and heart disease, osteoporosis, breast and colon cancer; a
- Raise blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
In addition to walking, explore new ways to participate in physical activity or exercise. Choose an activity you might enjoy doing, such as golf, tennis, baseball, dancing, horse riding, gardening, swimming or cycling. Find activities that you really enjoy and that you can do regularly. For more strenuous activities, consult your doctor first for his official condition. In each case, start with a small amount of activity and go from there. Keeping fit is a great way to improve your quality of life.